Is the New Kindle the Best Portable Book Reader? The answer is an emphatic yes! You get a smaller, lighter, faster, compact, longer battery life book reader that is comfortable to hold with an incredible, inexpensive price tag. You get a real bargain!
The new Kindle is easy to hold and read, it fits perfectly in my hands. I love to read everywhere and for long periods of time, so size and portability definitely matter to me. The Kindle is lighter than most paperbacks and thinner than a magazine. It is so comfortable and compact that I can read with one hand, and it never gets hot like my laptop. I can sit comfortably with my Kindle and don’t mind holding it for hours. They really got it right for readers who want to read for long periods of time, read with one hand, and read anywhere like the beach, the train, or favorite chair.
Why do I feel the new Kindle is the best portable book reader?
- The Kindle is 21% smaller measuring 7.5 by 4.8 by 0.3 inches but has the same 6 inch reading area.
- The Kindle is 17% lighter weighing 8.5 ounces and 1/3 of an inch thick.
- Battery life can last one month with wireless off without recharging. If you keep wireless on you can go up to three weeks on a single charge.
- It has a soft touch, textured back that is easy to hold and never gets hot in your hands.
- Page turning buttons are on both sides allowing you to turn pages with one hand and without changing positions.
- The new sleek design allows comfort while reading and portability while commuting!
“What’s clear, however, is that if you’re looking for a standalone e-reader (i.e., a portable replacement for physical books), this is the go-to, standard-setting device.” – Engadget